To enroll in our special events you need to provide us with certain information. Under EU GDPR we are obliged to make clear to you how this data is processed by us and your rights concerning this matter.
This document gives the details around our processing of your data.
The registration form asks you to confirm that you accept the details in this document. With your acceptance we can process your registration.
What information do we collect
To register for Hash House Harrier events we need to collect various information from you, as outlined in the form you will fill out. This will allow us to provide correct Haberdashery (e.g. clothing), process payment and preferences around the event (food, participation level) etc.
Some of this information may be optional.
You may also indicate if you wish to have your hash name (and home hash) entered into our Who's Cumming web page.
We will only collect information relevant to the event and only use it for that purpose.
How will we use that data
We will use the above collected information to:
- enrol you in the event.
- provide you with appropriate Haberdashery if it's part of that event.
- publish your attendance on our Who's Cumming web page associated with the event, this page may include the status of your enrollment - that is, if you have completed it by paying the amount due.
- circulate your name and enrollment status to other event registrants to encourage the completion of payment (if you have consented to being on the Who's Cumming web page).
Who can see that data
- All members of the mismanagement have access to this data and they may process it to fulfil your registration.
- People who view the Who's Cumming webpage (potentially anyone in the world) and people who receive payment reminder emails (if so consented as above) will know data relating to your registration status.
- Third party providers (e.g. for Haberdashery) may be given certain information, for example, Hash Names to fulfil parts of your participation. Only the necessary information will be given.
Where we will store your data
The data will be stored:
- on Google Drive. Google have published their commitment to abide by GDPR but do not commit to keeping data within the EU.
- our collaborative software tool samepage.io. This uses computing and storage in a North American data centre.
- Mismanagement may also process your information on their own storage (e.g. when doing spreadsheet manipulation, emailing etc.).
When we will delete your data
We will delete data three months after the end of our event except for:
- payment related data (that is your payment transaction to a European bank account) which will be held indefinitely.
- any data we are legally obliged to retain, or if we are dealing with on-going issues regarding your registration (e.g. issue over T-shirt size).
- the data we have on you.
- that the data we have on you is deleted - this may mean, however, that you can no longer participate in the event.